Network Ireland > News & Media > News > GDPR Prepared. Images and Key Takeaways from the Network Cork event
GDPR Prepared. Images and Key Takeaways from the Network Cork event
Posted on: 12/02/2018
On Wednesday 7th February Network Cork hosted ‘Get GDPR Ready’ at the River Lee Hotel.
A popular topic, over 95 persons registered for the event and the Network Cork membership officers were delighted to see some new faces in attendance on the evening.
Following canapés and networking, Commercial lawyer, David Fagan of Business Legal presented to the audience on the key aspects of GDPR. Actionable tasks were outlined to help organisations become GDPR compliant and each attendee was equipped with a GDPR roadmap to take home – an infographic which outlined the steps for GDPR compliance.
- The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be coming into effect on 25th May 2018. All organisations and will need to become GDPR compliant by this date.
- Creating workplace awareness of data protection requirements is absolutely necessary
- Accountability is a message that needs to be reinforced throughout the organisation
- All company procedures, privacy policies and data notices will need to be reviewed
- Methods by which data is sought, obtained and recorded should be analysed and changes made where necessary to become compliant
- All companies will need to put a data breach policy in place
- All businesses should take action to ensure that team members are made aware of the consequences of a data breach or non-compliance
- It is possible for SME’s to become compliant without the need for external consultants and the Data Protection Commissioner has given some guidance on this website HERE.
We take pictures at all our events. They are uploaded to our Facebook page. See pictures from this event HERE.
Please do feel free to share pictures of your team members to your own company profile.
SAVE THE DATE
Our next event, ‘Media Mavens – On Air, Online, On Print, On Set’ takes place on Wednesday 7th March in the Imperial Hotel at 6.00pm. This event will focus on the stories of successful women working in various fields within media, followed by a short panel discussion on the future of female careers within this area. Guest speakers include Jill O’Sullivan, editor at BreakingNews.ie, Esther McCarthy Read, features editor at the Irish Examiner and Janet Traynor, IFTA winning director and producer of programmes such as Prime Time and The Clinic. Guest MC, and ‘On Air’ expert, will be Deirdre O’Shaughnessy of Cork’s 96FM.
To read more about these speakers and to book tickets for this event, please click HERE.
Our events are open to members and non-members. Tickets are free for Network Cork members and €25 (+ fees) for non-members.
To enquire about Network Cork membership for you or your business, please contact one of our membership officers:
Sian Horn: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elaine Wilson: email@example.com
Sinead O’Dea: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Collins: email@example.com
Adrianna Hegarty: firstname.lastname@example.org