Network Cork’s July Event
July 3 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
It’s summertime, which means it’s time for Network Cork’s Annual BBQ! This year, we’re going to make you work for all that yummy food – Toastmaster John Keating will join us for some training beforehand – so please be aware that our running order will be slightly different for this event:
7–8 pm: BBQ & Networking (of course, people are welcome to linger and network for as long as they want to!)
Here’s John to tell you what to expect on the night:
To the members of Network Cork,
It is my pleasure to be your presenter on 3 July. This will be a fun shop and not a workshop.
The aims of this presentation are as follows:
- To put the fun into sharing your business story.
- To put the fun into crafting your business story, pitch or presentation.
- To put the fun into sharing and telling your business story in a manner that is clear, concise, captivating, confident and conversational in style.
We will use two “funtastic” storytelling templates to craft your story. Storytelling templates used by multinational companies to great effect. We have bribes, sorry, prizes for those who will share their stories.
My mission is to inspire you to embrace your business story, to inspire you to take every opportunity to share your story, one to one, one to ten or one to a hundred or more. You have multiple stories to tell, your “how it all began” story, client stories, success stories, failure stories, now correctly classified as “learning experiences”. There are stories in every day of business.
There are stories, very good stories and stories that transform, that inspires and influences those that hear them. We love stories.
You are the storyteller of your business. The more successful you are in telling your story, the more successful your business will be. Great business storytellers are not born, they craft, they hone, they own their stories.
I am really looking forward to hearing your remarkable business stories.
Who is John Keating?
- John Keating is a speech writer and speech coach.
- As a speech writer, John works with entrepreneurs and executives on business presentations, pitching and keynote speeches.
- John also writes wedding speeches and other occasion speeches for individuals.
- As a speech coach, working one to one with entrepreneurs and executives to ensure their communication connects.
- John also provides fun shops, not workshops, for colleges and companies on all aspects of communication and storytelling.
- John works for companies and executives in both Ireland and the UK.
- John is also a Distinguished Toastmaster, the highest award Toastmasters International can bestow on a member. John is an award-winning speaker. He is the founder of Bishopstown Toastmasters, West Cork Toastmasters, Republic of Work Toastmasters. John was asked by Dell/EMC to assist with the formation Dell/EMC Toastmasters and assisted with the formation of Apple Toastmasters. John also brought Toastmaster training to the senior management and staff of Marymount Hospice. As a volunteer with Marymount Hospice John acted as MC for the official opening.
- John is presently President of Republic of Work Toastmasters and Bishopstown Toastmasters.